Friday, April 11, 2008

Wedding Day

It was finally the day I had been dreaming about since I was a little girl and planning for about six months! The first thing I had to do that morning was get my hair done at 1100. We had the same hairstylist so we were just staggered until everyone had their hair done. Diana's appointment was after me so she met me there when I was finishing up. In the midst of talking to Diana and talking about lunch I forgot to pay for my hairdo! I went to Chic Fil A and then came back to chat with Diana while she got her hair done.

I went to the church to start getting ready and meet the florist and photographer. Diana met me at the church and started doing my makeup. Brenda Estes came and started taking getting ready photos. Slowly everyone started showing up to get ready! My mom had to go buy another unity candle because the original got knocked down and broken while the housekeeper was doing last minute vacuuming.

Jason and I did our pictures before the wedding so our guests wouldn't have to wait at the reception for too long! We had a very tight schedule but I was very relieved that everyone was on time and ready for the pictures so that went off without a hitch! Although we did the pictures beforehand, I walked down the aisle and had Jason turn around to see me when I got closer to him so I could see his reaction. Thankfully Steve and Brenda were there to capture each of our faces when we saw one another. They then gave us a few minutes alone and then the photos began!

We finished up the photos about an hour before the wedding. That was the longest hour of my life. During that time, we had a snack and just passed the time. The McWhorter's were awesome and helped keep an eye on the kids and out of trouble during that time! Thank you Mrs. Denise, Angie and Katie!!

A little bit before the wedding my cousin Erin came and took a few pictures of us. I didn't have a clue she had other motives! Erin had the best gift for us in mind!

The bridesmaids and I were in another building so we put Mr. Terry McWhorter to work as the runner to come get everyone as they were needed so no one would see us. Mr. Terry came and said it was time. Mary Beth was turning to fix something and fell. Her knee was swollen and we were not sure if she was going to be able to walk on it. Thankfully she mustered some strength and pushed through the pain. When they left I was alone. It was wonderful time for me to gather myself and thank God for bringing my Jason to me! Finally my dad came and got me and walked me to the church. When we got there Mrs. Catha, who is the best wedding coordinator, was telling us that Seth and Cash had fallen down while walking down the aisle. I couldnt't see anything but Erin captured some of it! When it was time to walk down the aisle with dad I was pretty nervous until I saw what Hannah had done with the flowers. We have a loong aisle at Lake Shore. She had taken handfuls of flowers to drop. Unfortunately there were about three or four piles and then one or two flowers after that. Basically only about 1/3 of the aisle had flowers!

Jason and I decided to have his dad do the first part of the ceremony so dad could give me away. Phil did a fabulous job. He made everyone laugh and made me calm right down. Before we knew it my dad was announcing Mr. and Mrs. Jason Brown!

We booked it to the reception site and took a few pictures while the guests milled around and started eating. Mrs. Angie had set up a sweetheart table for Jason and me. Before I knew it Mr. Dan had food in front of us and we tried to eat while people came to congratulate us. The reception was absolutely beautiful. Pretty soon we were running through the bubbles to the 4Runner and off to start our honeymoon!

Right before we left the reception my sister told me that there was a gift in the 4Runner for me that I had to open that night. I just figured it was something funny for the wedding night. When we got to the hotel we opened the gift and it was from Erin, Uncle Bud, and Aunt Debbie. It was a digital photo frame and a memory card with pictures on it. We set it up and it was pictures from before the wedding, moments from the wedding that we didn't get to see and the reception! Erin, thank you so much for your thoughtful gift!!

No comments:

Post a Comment