Sunday, September 23, 2007

Engagement



We are engaged!! He did it on our one year anniversary. After church on Sunday we went to St Augustine for the day. First we had a wonderful picnic by the fort. I have always wanted to do that. The rain scratched our plans for jet skiing and renting a scooter to go around St. Augustine. We went to St. George Street and had some great ice cream. Since it was starting to rain we went to the outlet mall and walked around some. Then we watched the jaguar game! Jason did an awesome job planning our anniversary around the jags. After the game we went to the Conch House. It has private huts along the intracostal. It was absolutely beautiful. After dinner we drove down A1A looking for a place to walk on the beach. We ended up at Jax beach and that is when it happened!

When we were walking back along the water he stopped. He said something like he hadn't made it that big of an anniversary. I told him that it was awesome anyway. Then he said well that's not all and got on one knee and asked me to marry him. I immediately put my hands over my face and started crying. Of course I said yes in between oh my gosh. I thought he could be faking me out with earrings or something. I was really nervous about dropping the ring also.

I did not have a clue he was going to ask me then. Of course I was hoping but figured it would be later this year. Anyway, I am so excited to be finally engaged. We have been talking about getting married for a long time and now it is finally official!!

No comments:

Post a Comment