April 2010: The appointment with Dr. Weno went really well. I was surprised at how nervous I was beforehand but once I started talking with her I settled down. I don't know what it is but she has this calm demeanor that puts me at ease.
The bottom line with the PCOS is we will see how regular I become. If it stays irregular then I will see her in a couple of months. I am just so glad we don't have to try for a year before any interventions!
June 2010: I spoke with Dr. Weno at work on Memorial Day and started Provera and Clomid. Fun times!
July 4, 2010. I went today to the lab for a progesterone test. Basically there will be three scenarios depending on the result. A. Did not ovulate. B. Ovulated but not pregnant. C. Ovulated and pregnant! I think Dr. Weno is on vacation so it will be interesting to see how long I have to wait before I get the results. So it's back to wait and see mode!
July 6, 2010: I am not good at the waiting game so I called this AM for my results and within five minutes got a call back from Jill (one of the nurses that I work with sometimes!) My results were 19.8 I believe and that is really good. Thankfully the lowest dose of Clomid worked. Now it's wait and see to see if my period comes or if I am pregnant. I am so excited. I am very glad that I ovulated on the lowest dose so that is encouraging. I wonder if I will last until Sunday for a pregnancy test??
July 14, 2010: I sure didn't last until Sunday for a pregnancy test! I took one the very next morning and another one on Monday morning. Talked with Laura (another nurse that I work with sometimes!) and we still play the waiting game. If I have not started by Sunday (Day 35), I'll take another home pregnancy test and then go from there. I have a call out to one of the other nurses I work with who was on Clomid for a short period of time. I think the Clomid hormones have hit. I am a mess and just feel a little off. I have been way crampy especially when running,
August 1, 2010: Taking clomid is such a roller coaster! I am on my 2nd cycle with it. It's the same dose except this time I used ovulation tests to help me out. I have to admit, it has been frustrating because it does not seem to have detected ovulation. Of course, all of these different scenarios go through my head. I have been really focusing on just trusting God in all of this and trying not to stress. Easier said than done though! Nights are usually the hardest because that's when I start thinking about everything. I have been really focusing on trusting God in all of this and trying not to stress. I thought of the verse: Proverbs 3:5-6. Trust in the Lord with ALL you heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths. It struck me the other night that yes I trust the Lord but then it hit me but do I trust him with ALL my heart? Yikes, that was a good reminder to strive for that. That's what I will be working on and praying about this week! I love the reminder on my fridge: As for God, His Way is Perfect!
August 10, 2010: Well, my second cycle of clomid did not help me ovulate. My results were 0.3. Dr. Weno has upped the meds to 100 mg so now it's back to wait and see. I will have to start fresh like I did in June in taking the provera. Now it's back to waiting. On my trip to Chicago with Stephanie and Hannah I could not help myself and bought a couple of sleepers for a boy and a girl. Gymboree was having a great sale so I was able to get them for less than $5.00!
September 24, 2010: I went for my third progesterone level today. When I was getting my blood drawn, the lab tech asked if I would have to come back again. I replied I hope not! As I was leaving the lab, Dr. Lane was coming off the elevator and saw me. When he noticed my bandage he said are you ok? I said yes, it's just a progesterone level. Poor guy, that was probably too much info for him!
September 27, 2010: My third cycle of clomid had a progesterone level of 7. I got it drawn on day 21 but figured it was a couple of days early since I had a positive ovulation test on Day 17. I had come home early from work that Monday and realized I had not gone to the bathroom since the beginning of my shift so when I got home I decided to do another test. It was positive!!
No comments:
Post a Comment