Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A day in the life of a seven month old

I like to write down "A Day in the Life of..." every once in awhile. It is so fun to look back now on what I thought then was a busy day! I first did a typical day on our 2nd anniversary. when Davis was 7 months old and 16 months old.




0205: Wakes up for a middle of night feed, back asleep within 30 minutes

0700: Stirring in his crib

0735:

Another feeding and then play time in the living room while I cook breakfast and unload dishwasher.

0840: Breakfast

Playtime for a few minutes while the kitchen is cleaned up. Then it is time to unwind for morning nap around 0900.

0940:
Vacuum time!
1040: Up from morning nap




Another feeding, then playtime while I fix lunch. For lunch, he eats peas for the first time and carrots. After lunch he plays happily with Davis

1140:

More playtime on the floor and then it's time to get the boys ready for afternoon nap/

1240:

1340: Ah, both boys are napping!

1430: Getting up from afternoon nap




Another feeding and then it's playtime while I fold laundry and wait for Davis to wake up

1545



Daddy comes home and I get ready to leave to get my haircut. Luke goes back to bed for a short late afternoon nap. He gets a bottle since he didn't want to take a nap. He is napping when I get home and we fix dinner. 
1745:

Shortly after this he wakes up and we have dinner. He eats peas and carrots again. He stays with Daddy while I clean up the kitchen and every time I look into the living room he is just staring at me!

1845:
So happy that I am done in the kitchen!

He plays happily in the living room when we are on the floor with him. When he starts getting tired, it is time for bath, jammies, and story time. He gets one more feeding before bed.

1945:
Clean boys, a full belly, bedtime book and bedtime songs, he is ready for bed!

2000: Asleep

We usually start our bedtime routine by 1900 but he took a late afternoon nap so that through us off!



No comments:

Post a Comment