Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Bella's Shenangians

Over Memorial Day weekend, Jason and I traveled to Cincinnati to drop off the Subaru to get the engine rebuilt. I took my running shoes with me so I could continue my training. Luckily, on Sunday the boys went to an autocross and Kelly and I decided to take the dogs on a run through the neighborhood. I usually don't take Bella on my runs since sometimes she cuts in front of me. The first part of the run went great. Bella was running a little ahead of me and then all of a sudden she spotted a squirrel in the road. She took off even faster and I tried to keep up for a few steps but Dudley got excited as well and cut in front of me and I fell on the pavement. She then tried to chase the squirrel up the tree. Finally I brushed myself off and got control of Bella and we are on our way again.

At the halfway point we stopped for water and decide to head back to the house. By that point Bella was panting pretty heavily and decides to plop down in a yard and will not move. She laid there panting and foaming at the mouth for a good while. When I finally coaxed her to move she went a couple of houses down and plopped down again. I felt so bad for my out of shape dog! She slept for the majority of the day or so we thought.

Later that afternoon, Kelly dropped me off at the mall while she went to Pilates (she invited me to go but I am not coordinated or flexible at all). When we got back to the house, the Amish friendship bread starter that was going to be baked the next day was completely gone. There was not even a trace of it in the Ziploc bags I had it in. We think the cat must have pushed it off the counter since there was a pizza box closer to the counter that if it were the dogs they would have gotten into that first. Dudley and Bella had eaten it all. Thankfully they didn't seem to have any digestive issues from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment