Saturday, December 11, 2010

1st Trimester

I have been meaning to write down what has been happening these last couple of months so I will remember for the next time!

I found out I was pregnant when I was not quite 5 weeks. During those early weeks, the only symptoms I had were very tired, sore, and a little nauseous at supper time when I waited too long to eat. The timing was perfect in finding out I was pregnant. I was leaving for Florida that weekend so I got to celebrate with the family about it and tell a few close friends in person.




5+ weeks....Just a week after I found out I was pregnant. Baby Charlie is the size of a sesame seed

Close to 7 weeks, I got a prescription for Zofran. I would take it occasionally over the next week. Thankfully, the nausea was usually just in the late afternoon. Once I had eaten, it would subside for a couple of hours.

At 8 weeks and two days, the nausea turned a lot of worse. I woke up that morning sick and could not keep anything down. I was then called into work for four hours and wondered how in the world I was going to make it through those four hours. I had the 1530 scheduled cesarean section. Everything was fine until the spinal was beginning to take a long time. I was holding the patient up and I started to get really hot and feel sick. I motioned for another nurse to come take my place. She thought I was kidding and then finally came over to take over for me. I ran out of the OR and went straight to the bathroom. I then went to my manager Joy’s office so someone would be able to take my place. By then I was white as a sheet and she found someone to take my place in the OR. Someone brought me crackers, water, and juice. I finally started feeling better and went home. A few people at work had already found out but now the whole unit knew.

By 12 weeks, I was on the Zofran 3 times a day and was beginning to feel better. In the mornings I would wake up starving and nauseaus but once I had eaten and taken Zofran I was good to go. There were still some days that I did nothing but stay on the couch. I can not imagine what people with other kids do, I was exhausted and sick.

I had my first appointment at 12 wks and hearing the baby's s heartbeat was music to my ears. It was 159! I announced it to everyone after our first appointment and dad let the church know! By the end of the first trimester I was still really tired, taking Zofran three times a day and needing to eat all the time or I would be sick.

13 weeks. More of a full belly then a baby bump! Charlie is the size of a medium shrimp

No comments:

Post a Comment